We had a bad heater

We had a bad portable space heater that almost ruined our Christmas last year.

  • It all started when my mom gave me her old portable space heater.

I had been asking her for theis portable space heater since she didn’t really need it, and my living room air ducts don’t let out a lot of warm air for some reason, so I wanted the little heater to keep the living room warm. My mom gave me a heater a couple of days before Christmas, which made me really happy since My family and I would be opening gifts on Christmas morning in my living room. My mom warned that the portable space heater isn’t working quite right, and that she had taken it to a heating and cooling company a few years back and the HVAC technician there told her that the heater was a fire hazard, but the space heater had never really caused her any problems so she wasn’t worried about it. When I got to my house with the portable space heater, I plugged it in and let it heat up. I noticed that it got a little bit hotter than it should, but it didn’t seem to do any damage. The evening before Christmas I used my smart thermostat to heat up the rest of my house while the little portable space heater sat and warmed the living room. On christmas morning i walked into my living room and found the portable space heater in flames! The heater was really close to catching all the gifts on fire, but luckily I turned it off beforehand. That was the Christmas that a space heater almost ruined.


Information here