Our gas furnace started a fire in our house

Our gas furnace started a fire in our lake house on Christmas afternoon! Even worse, the gas furnace made our Christmas tree catch on fire! It all started the week before Christmas when both of us noticed that our gas furnace was making some different sounds.

My partner inspected the smart thermostat to see if any service checks were due for the gas furnace, but nothing came up and according to the smart thermostat, there was nothing wrong with the gas furnace.

My partner went into the basement and took the gas furnace apart and looked over it, but he is not an Heating as well as A/C professional, he usually can figure out his way around a gas furnace or central air conditioning, and after a little bit of work, he called the heating and cooling contractor and schedule for an Heating as well as A/C professional to come and take a look at our gas furnace, but due to a legitimately exhausting snow storm, the Heating as well as A/C professional could not get to our house, so both of us just hoped that our gas furnace was ok and got ready for Christmas. Early on Christmas afternoon, our family woke up to the smoke alarms going off. We ran around the lake house following the trail of smoke, and came to our dining room where our Christmas tree was on fire! We hastily put out the fire and opened the windows. It turns out that our gas furnace had hot and sent legitimately hot air through the HVAC ducts. Our Christmas tree was right in front of the HVAC duct, so the hot air ended up catching the tree on fire! Our smart thermostat was also blinking purple telling us that our gas furnace was overheating. What an eventful Christmas!


air conditioning provider