Our furnace started a fire in our house on Christmas day! Even worse, the furnace made our Christmas tree catch on fire! It all started the week before Christmas when the people I was with and I noticed that our furnace was making some peculiar sounds.
My hubby checked the smart thermostat to see if any maintenance checks were due for the furnace, but nothing came up plus according to the smart thermostat, there was nothing wrong with the furnace.
My hubby went into the basement plus took the furnace apart plus looked over it, although he is not an Heating, Ventilation, plus A/C professional, he usually can figure out his way around a furnace or central cooling system, then after a little bit of work, he called the heating plus cooling supplier plus schedule for an Heating, Ventilation, plus A/C professional to come plus take a look at our furnace, but due to a really bad snow storm, the Heating, Ventilation, plus A/C professional could not get to our house, so the people I was with and I just hoped that our furnace was ok plus got ready for Christmas. Early on Christmas day, our family woke up to the smoke alarms going off. The two of us ran around the house following the trail of smoke, plus came to our kitchen where our Christmas tree was on fire! The two of us quickly put out the fire plus opened the windows. It turns out that our furnace had warm plus sent really tepid air through the HVAC ducts. Our Christmas tree was right in front of the HVAC duct, so the tepid air ended up catching the tree on fire! Our smart thermostat was also bconnecting red telling us that our furnace was overheating. What an eventful Christmas!