Our gas furnace started a fire in our house

Our gas furnace started a fire in our home on Christmas afternoon! Even worse, the gas furnace made our Christmas tree catch on fire! It all started the month before Christmas when every one of us noticed that our gas furnace was making some odd sounds.

My partner checked the smart control component to see if any maintenance checks were due for the gas furnace, but nothing came up & according to the smart control unit, there was nothing wrong with the gas furnace.

My partner went into the basement & took the gas furnace apart & looked over it, even though he is not an Heating, Ventilation, & A/C professional, he usually can figure out his way around a gas furnace or central cooling system, and after a little bit of work, he called the heating & cooling dealer & schedule for an Heating, Ventilation, & A/C professional to come & take a look at our gas furnace, but due to a easily exhausting snow storm, the Heating, Ventilation, & A/C professional could not get to our house, so every one of us just hoped that our gas furnace was ok & got ready for Christmas. Early on Christmas morning, our family woke up to the smoke alarms going off. All of us ran around the home following the trail of smoke, & came to our living room where our Christmas tree was on fire! All of us hastily put out the fire & opened the windows. It turns out that our gas furnace had overheated & sent easily overheated air through the HVAC ducts. Our Christmas tree was right in front of the HVAC duct, so the overheated air ended up catching the tree on fire! Our smart control component was also blinking purple telling us that our gas furnace was overheating. What an eventful Christmas!


Click to find more information