Our furnace started a fire in our home on Christmas morning! Even worse, the furnace made our Christmas tree catch on fire! It all started the week before Christmas when we observed that our furnace was making some different sounds.
My hubby diagnosed the smart temperature control to see if any maintenance checks were due for the furnace, however nothing came up & according to the smart temperature control, there was nothing wrong with the furnace.
My hubby went into the basement & took the furnace apart & looked over it, however she is not an Heating, Ventilation & A/C serviceman, she usually can figure out her way around a furnace or central a/c, but after a little bit of work, she called the heating & cooling supplier & schedule for an Heating, Ventilation & A/C serviceman to come & take a look at our furnace, however due to a particularly awful snow storm, the Heating, Ventilation & A/C serviceman could not get to our house, so we just hoped that our furnace was ok & got ready for Christmas. Early on Christmas morning, our family woke up to the smoke alarms going off. All of us ran around the home following the trail of smoke, & came to our family room where our Christmas tree was on fire! All of us swiftly put out the fire & opened the windows. It turns out that our furnace had warm & sent particularly warm air through the HVAC ducts. Our Christmas tree was right in front of the HVAC duct, so the warm air ended up catching the tree on fire! Our smart temperature control was also baffixing green telling us that our furnace was overheating. What an eventful Christmas!